But how to provide pretty on a thrifter’s budget? Try our fun and easy bead and ribbon necklace! A great idea for kids because no sewing or special skills are needed. Just a little knot tying and love!
Gather your supplies:
• A string of beads or an old necklace tied in a circle with either a knot or a clasp. Perhaps you have a necklace that has been in the family but is too short to wear comfortably.
• a brooch, clip-on earring or decorative pin – again, something you might have in the family or find at a thrift store
1) Lay your strand of beads on a table in a “smile” shape.
2) Tie one length of lace or ribbon to each end of the necklace.
3) Clip the brooch or pin around both strands of beads about 1/3 of the way down from one end for an asymmetrical
look or in the center of the bead strand for a more symmetrical look.
Voila! A Mother’s Day gift that you or your loved one will cherish forever!
Click here for a printable directions.